As we’ve mentioned before in our blog, tooth loss can have a negative impact on both your appearance and your overall oral health. In order to enjoy a whole smile again, you will need to talk to your dentist about tooth replacement options, such as a dental bridge. Do you need a dental bridge?
Try Our Dental Bridge Quiz
- True or False: Tooth loss hurts oral health.
- True or False: A bridge replaces one or more missing teeth.
- True or False: The prosthetic looks natural.
- True or False: You will need to care for your new prosthetic.
- True. When you lose a tooth this threatens the alignment of your smile as the remaining teeth may drift from their positions as a result of the gap. In addition, the pressure on your jaw joints from tooth loss can increase the risk of bruxism and TMJ disorder. Misalignment itself can make caring for your smile more difficult, allowing tooth decay and gum disease to develop.
- True. A bridge is a prosthetic that features dental crowns connected to the replacement teeth. The crowns are placed on the natural teeth on each end of the gap, anchoring the new teeth in place. A bridge lasts for about 10 to 15 years before requiring adjustment or replacement.
- True. We take impressions of your smile to create a prosthetic that looks natural and blends with your smile. We also use lifelike materials to ensure the natural appearance of your prosthetic.
- True. We will discuss ways to properly care for your new bridge. With care and maintenance you can help your new prosthetic last for longer periods. If you have any questions about dental bridges then please contact our office today.
ABOUT YOUR WILMETTE DENTIST:
Dr. Brent Engelberg and his highly-skilled team proudly serve patients and their families from Arlington Heights, IL, and all surrounding communities, including; Northbrook, Deerfield, Highland Park, Wilmette, Winnetka, Glencoe, Vernon Hills, Lincolnshire, Libertyville, Skokie, Evanston, Palatine, Schaumburg, Elk Grove Village, Rolling Meadows, and the Northern and Northwest Chicago Suburbs. To learn more, schedule a consultation online, or call our office today at 847-259-6988.